Arriba La Cumbia! is back toHootananny, Brixton this 8th June with a great line up again. Direct from Brightonia POLLITO BOOGALOO, our UK “costeños” favourite band defiantly old school cumb …ia, classic 60′s cumbia, vallenato and puya and mixing in a little dub and Haitian voodoo.
Support comes from PHILIPSMAN & LOLO MC, Cuban hip hop blending dancehall and caribbean flavours & LATIN GROUND a mix of cumbia, merengue and salsa hits and choreographed dancers.
Hosted by DJ RUSS JONES aka HACKNEY GLOBE TROTTER, mixing global beats and world/dance music with future world funk, mashed-up Brazillian 2-Step, Arabic hip hop, Afro-house, vintage reggae, latin,cumbia and nu-cumbia to ragga, Japanese funk and Ghanian hip life to Moroccan gnawa dub.He currently has a monthly HGT residency at London’s Top Clubs. In his weekly show on Soas Radio, Russ Jones plays a world beat mix up, covering everything from Cumbia to Soukous, gypsy , latin hip hop, reggaeton, dubstep, raverton, afro beats, vintage classics and beyond.
95 Effra Road, Brixton Brixton, Greater London SW2 1DF
Free entry before 11pm, £3 after
Please arrive early to avoid dissapointment. 18+ only
(photographic identification may be required).
Peace Walk down Tottenham
Supporting local business is essential in Tottenhams recovery as a local feel good factor. After the peacewalk, few of us are going for a drink at the gilpin bell to get a pint of redemption which is a small local brewery in Tottenham that use renewable resources and promotoe local trade.
Then from 2:30pm-4:30pm
Palmers Green Community Cafe Dropin
The mortimer have been involved in this one, its just an update on what they are doing inthe cafe and if maybe you can get involved. Burford Hall, Burford Gardens, N13
Prayer @ Tottenham Marshes
Come Pray from 11am -1pm and use the surrounding Nature to enjoy and Just Focus the Creator and all His wonder.
London Green Fayre
The London Green Fair is London’s largest free green festival, taking place in Regent’s Park this year on the 9th and 10th June.
We reflect the green aspirations and achievements of London as a whole – celebrating, educating and empowering.The festival runs from midday until 8.30pm on Saturday and from midday until 7.30pm on Sunday
- Cutting edge contemporary music and DJs on two festival stages
- High-profile speakers and debates in our Speakers Forum
- Outdoor Performances from an 80-piece dutch wind symphonic orchestra
- A large range of children’s activities, workshops and performances, including dance classes, theatrical performances, baby change and chill space plus loads more
- The London Permaculture area
- Dedicated Exhibitions areas
- Hundreds of boutique market stalls
- A huge range of Campaigning stalls
- Electric BikeFest – celebrating all things bike related
- Organic bars and global cuisine
- Animal and poultry petting area for children, including animal-inspired arts and crafts
- Gorgeous green spaces
- Quality family time
- Serious environmental education and entertainment
We are supported by some great organisations, and with their help we can continue to be London’s leading green event, providing an enjoyable and engaging day out for people from all walks of life.
Please click on the links above for further information on the festival.
If you are interested in getting involved or contributing, or would like to find out the benefits
of supporting us, please see our Contact page.
You can view last years’ event programme by clicking Here.
To see a short film about the 2011 London Green Fair, please click Here.